The Harbour Chandler
Increasing sales by
2088% from the Ground Up
The Harbour Chandler is a Nanaimo based marine and fishing megastore. With an experienced staff and well over 10,000 different products shipping worldwide they are truly one of the most unique retail stores on Vancouver Island.
About This Project
Alpha Strategy was up to the task to give overhaul the site into a dynamic and efficient e-commerce store that can grow as they grow, showcase their brand identity and complement a digital marketing strategy for optimal sales.
- The previous website was built years prior and lacked a contemporary feel
- Competitors were updating websites
- Website lacked customizability
- Functionality on the previous CMS platform prohibited the company from adding necessary features
- Yellow Pages charged a steep monthly fee to update and maintain the website
- Creating a seamless brand identity from the website through to social media and digital advertising
- Sourcing over 1,000 products online due to a lack of quality product images
Digital Marketing – we developed highly effective pay-per-click advertising campaigns that we run ongoing across Facebook, Instagram and Google. Results from these campaigns have been enormously successful.
We also created a new layout for their popular fishing report on MailChimp and set up email retention for custom content marketing initiatives like fishing guides, and how-tos.
How We Made a difference
Now that the website is futureproofed, it will no longer restrict or limit business as they grow. Additional security and backups also give the Harbour Chandler more peace of mind and monthly maintenance costs are down.
Other email marketing and PPC campaigns have been designed to assist and add value to people’s real-life outdoor experiences. All of this focus on digital marketing is paying off, with a steady and significant increase in conversions from followers and visitors to loyal and happy customers.